July 1, 2012

A Quick Introduction

(Me and George)


Allergic to (almost!) Everything
There are people that have developed allergies or intolerances to a lot of different kinds of foods. Some of the big ones are milk, soy, peanuts, eggs and gluten. These allergies cause difficulties in making foods for people (especially if the food that they want is one that there is no way they can have, i.e. cheesecake for a lactose intolerant person).



I happen to have met, and fell in love with, one of these people who has a multitude of allergies. His name is George and he is the biggest reason I got into cooking - He presented a tasty challenge and I accepted. George's allergies/intolerances include milk, soy, rice, peanuts, yeast and caffeine, all of which together presents a very difficult problem when it comes to cooking.

On this site I will be compiling a list of recipes that I've come up with to help George get the foods that he misses. This includes things like pizza, bread, cheesecake, ice cream, cookies and many others. A lot of time and research has gone into many of these recipes. There has been lots of clicking and surfing sites like Pinterest and TasteSpotting, as well! These sites are really good for getting ideas for any meal, and substitutions for it all as well.

Not Just Allergies
I don't have any food allergies at all, which makes cooking for me easy enough. There have been some really good recipes that have come out of this allergy challenge, but I have also challenged myself to make foods that I have never made before. So along with the allergy friendly foods, I will posting Sandy friendly foods. These foods have been tried and tested by my amazing family and friends, and have been given a hearty thumbs up.





3 comments:

  1. Nice intro. I hope to read more soon! -- LadyC

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your intro, and the picture of you and George is amazing.

    I am thinking a caffeinated peanut butter milkshake would pretty much kill George...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to the recipes and all the wonderful stories.

    Much love,
    Nicole Moss

    ReplyDelete